Table of Contents

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Green over Beane

Athletics Nation is currently posting an interesting interview with A's General Manager, Billy Beane.

...

Now I know that Beane's a bit of a blowhard, and Wayne Krivsky is obviously a bit less of a talker. But just for a second, can you imagine what it would be like to have a general manager who would sit down and talk to someone representing the Reds' blogosphere like that? While there's a bit of spin with every response (naturally), and some topics are off-limits (again, naturally), it really is about as open of an exchange as you could ever hope to have with someone in the front office of one's favorite team. ... And on top of that, we're talking about arguably the most effective general manager over the past 10 years (pardons to John Schuerholtz), so there's little question that the guy knows what he's doing. Krivsky might, but I'm not sure yet.

I'm jealous...

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, I forgot about that--the terrible tape recorder catastrophe. Maybe that's the problem--no one's trying for the interview.

    Maybe RLN should give it another go. :) I guess I could try to schedule an interview with him at some point as well...

    I've also been thinking that it might be cool to try to get ahold of Dan O'Brien, though he might be constrained in what he can talk about since he's with another ballclub these days--and most of my questions would be about Reds' players. -j

    ReplyDelete