Table of Contents

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Brewers Analysis at THT

Since the most interesting thing about the remainder of the Reds' season is going to be who gets traded, and for whom, I've decided to take a bit of time to learn about the teams that we'll likely be seeing in the playoffs this year. The Hardball Times has been kind enough to host the first of these analyses, focusing on the NL Central-leading Milwaukee Brewers.


Next up is San Diego, but I want to learn a bit more about park factors before I tackle their team.

Update: By some sort of amazing providence (or industrial espionage), there's a piece on the Brewers at Baseball Prospectus today as well. It serves as a nice complement to my profile.
:)

4 comments:

  1. Good Stuff.

    I think if Rickie Weeks can turn his season around even a little bit in the second half that the Brewers should be able to hold off the Cubs in the Central. The Brewcrew has plenty of talent.

    Ryan Braun is an absolute stud. I expected him to hit well when he got the call back to the majors, but man he went completely nuts.

    Anyways, enough about my crush on the Brewers young talent. Keep up the good work, even if its not always on our redlegs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. As a Cubs fan, I shudder to think that Fielder has put up the numbers he has despite being "unlucky."

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was an excellent piece, looking forward to your Cubs one...I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks folks. I'll try to get around to profiling the Cubs at some point in the coming weeks/months, provided they can stay in contention.

    ...the loss of Sheets certainly should help the Cubs...

    ReplyDelete