Table of Contents

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Basement-Dwellers.com

After many years of "thinking about it," I've finally decided to change the name of the website. And with the new name comes a new domain: Basement-Dwellers.com

Admittedly, the Reds aren't exactly in the basement right now. But the Reds do have a proud tradition of losing. So, even if their success continues, the name can be an homage to many long years of bottom-dwelling. Besides, I love the double entendre here: I am happily writing this in my basement right now, which is, as everyone knows, where statheads like me spend our time.

The name change also recognizes a few things. One, while the Reds will always be my primary focus here, I do plan to spend some time on some other teams as well--especially the Altoona Curve, my local minor league team. Two, the old site name has always been a bit lame. Three, it's long since past time to retire the equally lame attempt to go by "justin inaz." For now, I'll just go as Justin and leave it at that. Some day I'll "come out," but for now I don't want co-workers googling me and finding this stuff. At least not yet.

From my limited testing thus far, don't think this move will break any links, as everything should re-direct from the old blogspot domain to the new domain. You shouldn't even have to update your bookmarks! Not sure about feeds, but I'll work on that tomorrow. If anyone notices anything that breaks in the meantime, please let me know.

Thanks for continuing to stop by. Hopefully, now that my semester is over, I'll be able to be a bit more active around here.

6 comments:

  1. I don't get it. The Reds have a winning tradition and are about to move into another period of winning. As a Reds fan, it's an embarrassing title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're right about the Reds' prospects, of course. But the past decade has been about anything but winning. Maybe laughing about it is my coping mechanism. I think the name's funny, and I will like it even more if they are able to put together a set of winning seasons. Sorry to hear you don't like it.
    -j

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the name, especially for the double-meaning. Get out of your basement and watch a game for once!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my goals this summer is to route my dish network signal down to the basement. That way, I can watch games IN my basement! :D
    -j
    ...not that it matters...no Reds games are scheduled to appear on any of my channels for weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the name change and love the increase in content!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the increase in content can be maintained. I'm having fun with it. We'll see what happens when this next baby comes...
    -j

    ReplyDelete