Table of Contents

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Kyle Lohse should buy me Extra Innings

Dear Kyle,

Tonight was the first time that the Reds have been on TV here in Phoenix since April 15th, when the Reds took on the Cubs and honored Jackie Robinson. In that game, you threw eight shut-out innings and struck out 12 in route to a brilliant 1-0 defeat of the Cubs.

It has been almost three months since that game, and the Reds have gone from 7-5 after that game to their current mark of 34-52. It's been rough for them. And it's been rough for you, Kyle, as your ERA has gone from 2.53 after the Cubs game to its current mark for 4.47. That's still respectable and all, but you know as well as I do that you can do better.

It's also been rough for me, because I've missed watching you guys play.

Tonight, you were brilliant once again. Therefore, I think it would be a win-win if you would buy me the MLB package from Cox Cable for the rest of the season. That way, I can watch every one of your starts for the rest of the year and send you my good juju. You can find my e-mail in the upper-right corner of his page if you'd like to get in touch with me.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and good luck with the contract negotiations!
Justin

P.S. Please give my congrats to Junior on tying Frank Robinson. That's awesome.

Photo by AP/Al Berhman

3 comments:

  1. Justin,

    I take it you didn't get a response from Mr Lohse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet, but the guy had a big night last night. Might be taking it easy. And it could be that he only checks bloglines during weekdays? -j

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, lets hope that is the case.

    ReplyDelete