Table of Contents

Sunday, May 07, 2006

I was there (again)

Well, I ended up going to today's (Sunday) game, and it's good that I did after the 3-1 loss on Saturday. This time I sat out in the bleechers, about 10 rows down from where Hatteberg's homer landed. It was a fun game, especially given that they managed to win in spite of themselves. I'm not going to go into a full game-recap (many others out there do a fine job with that), but I will say that there was a lot of Red in the seats today--far more than on Friday's game. Hatteberg's currently my personal hero for both his offensive and defensive performances today.

I think the Reds will be happy to get back to GABP on Tuesday. It's been a frustrating road trip, though it could have been a lot worse (or a lot better). We got some decent pitching in most of the games, but the offense didn't seem to be firing on all cylinders until today's game despite playing in two hitter-friendly parks (Coors' and Chase Fields). Hopefully they can get back to it on Tuesday vs. Los Nationales.

No comments:

Post a Comment