Table of Contents

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Freel's Night

I'm going to try to get something up on the two new Reds' acquisitions (Franklin and Hollandsworth) soon, but it probably won't be tonight because I'm headed off to the D-backs/Giants game this evening. That's right, I'm skipping the opportunity to watch the Reds on TV in the biggest series since '99 in order to see the D-backs in person. I feel a bit guilty about it, but not that bad. Just like music, live baseball is better. I'll be watching the out-of-town scoreboard intensely though for updates, and may still have a chance to watch the game after the fact via TiVO. ... though I'll probably only do that if they win. :)

In the meantime, what a game by Ryan Freel last night. This is one of those times that watching
it on MLB Gameday is such a horrific limitation compared to actually seeing it in person. Fortunately, most of Ryan "human highlight reel" Freel's game can be see in the Top Plays video on MLB.com. All I can say is wow.

Here's the WPA graph from last night, courtesy of fangraphs.com. Savor the moment:

No comments:

Post a Comment