Image via WikipediaI completed a "sabermetric" (I still don't like that word, but I've become resigned that I have to use it to be understood) review of the 2009 Cincinnati Reds at Red Reporter. Here are the parts:
- Part 1 - Introduction & Overview
- Part 2 - Hitting
- Part 3 - Fielding & Total Win Value
- Part 4 - Pitching
- The introduction piece has a nice historical angle to it that I really like.
- The position-by-position run above average plots in the position player pieces were a nice way of summarizing the overall team performance.
- The hitting info included full baserunning from baseball prospectus pull park corrections, so I think it's the best available right now for Reds players.
- The fielding info incorporated fan scouting data in a semi-crude, but still useful way. Again, I think it's the best available for Reds players.
- I also really like the introductory graph for the pitcher piece. People can complain about one metric vs. another, but when all three approaches show the same thing, I think it paints a pretty strong picture.