Table of Contents

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Back, +1 kid, and -1 hand

Hi everybody,

Just making a quick post to say that I'm back, at least in a limited capacity. I have a beautiful daughter and a tired but healthy wife to show for my absence, so I'm a happy trooper. I am finding that blogging time is somewhat limited when your baby girl is up at all hours asking for some alternation of diaper changes, feedings, and who knows what else. And that typing with one hand is an astonishingly slow process. But hopefully I can get back in the swing of things relatively soon. I've got some big things in store for this place yet!

Anyway, stay tuned.

In the meantime, let me just say that I was shocked to see Dave Williams designation for assignment. But my understanding is that the Reds still have the option of sending him to Louisville if they can't swing a deal for him. I think Williams can be valuable as a lefty out of the bullpen, though I'd agree that it's worth a go to try to trade him while he's still considered a starting pitcher. All in all, I'm pleased to see Elizardo getting the chance in the rotation over Williams. But E-Z's going to have to get his control back to succeed at this level. 3 walks in 5 innings are way over his normal rate! All in all, not a bad performance today though. Nice to see him get a second win.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations J! Which Red did you name her after?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave Williams! So you can imagine how upset I was that he's no longer with the ballclub! -j

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks folks! A bit of jaundice had us back in the hospital last night, but a good 12 hours under the bili lights solved that. Good to be back home with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Jin! It won't be easy, but make sure she doesn't become a D-backs fan. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, J! How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Typing with one hand isn't so bad. You'll get used to it.

    And they grow up eventually, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sooner she gets out of the crying all night, sleeping only when we're too wired to nap stage, the better. :) They always tell you that parenting is fun, but neither my wife nor myself had any idea it was this hard. Hopefully that'll pass soon.

    ReplyDelete