Table of Contents

Monday, October 08, 2007

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Yankeeeeess Lose!

When the Reds aren't in the playoffs, my primary rooting interest is for whoever is playing the Yankees. It probably makes me shallow, but I always take a boyish delight in watching them go down. Perhaps the best reason for celebration tonight is that I won't have to listen to clips from John Sterling (almost certainly the most irritating play-by-play man in the history of sports) on XM Radio until next spring.

Have to say, I'm pretty excited about the remaining teams. Well, ok, I'm a bit "over" the BoSox. As far as I'm concerned, they're now just another rich team from the northeast.

But the Indians, Rockies, and Diamondbacks have a bunch of fun, young players that play good defense. The Indians and Rockies have a lot of thump in their lineups, while the Dbacks have a great ace starter/closer combination in Webb and Valverde. Should be a fun rest of the postseason, no matter who ends up winning their respective leagues.

Depending on time and interest, I may or may not profile the remaining three teams in the way I did the Indians, Angels, and Cubs. I have a few other things that I'd like to work on in the meantime, including a long overdue work on park factors, an update of my stat primer (about half-way done), and, of course, my wraps of the Reds' September and 2007 season as a whole. We'll have to see where my muse takes me.

3 comments:

  1. I am starting to consider this a pretty successful baseball season in spite of the Reds' poor showing.
    The Mets coughed up a hairball for the ages by blowing a huuuuuggge lead with just 17 games left. Excellent. The Cubbies got swept. Sweet. The Yankees bow out in the ALDS. Nice. Now if the Indians can tea-party the Red Sox in the ALCS life will be worth living again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J - get your head out of those spreadsheets and go to games 1 & 2! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, I'm tempted. But they keep jacking up the ticket price! The same tickets my wife and I got for $72 in the NLDS would now run us $136. .. If it were the Reds, I'd have no problem paying that. But it's not....
    -j

    ReplyDelete