Table of Contents

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Passed

Small personal note...

Today I successfully defended my dissertation. This means that in a few days, after I've addressed a few minor corrections and changes to the document, I'll submit the thing to the graduate college and will "officially" have earned my degree.

It's been a long seven years out here in Arizona, but this chapter is finally closing, and I'll be heading back east to begin a new life. It think Joel once said to me "you can take the boy out of the midwest, but you can't take the midwest out of the boy." It's true, and while I loved my time here in Arizona, I'm very excited to be heading back to the part of the country that I'll always call my home (does Altoona count as midwest? Not sure. I don't care, it's close enough).

Things will still be hit and miss here at the blog for a while, as we'll be moving at the end of this month with all the chaos that brings. But life's soon going to return to normal, whatever the heck that is. Thanks in advance for continuing to visit despite my always-irregular blogging schedule.