Table of Contents

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

They must be reading my blog

Just over a month since I debuted my old school Mr. Red logo (see above-right), the Cincinnati Reds have decided to follow suit. I'm all for the change, as I think old school Mr. Red is way cooler than the 80's-vintage Mr. Red. Though I can't help but feel a bit of regret, as I'm not quite as unique now.

What I want to know is whether Mr. Red, the mascot (seen below with Marge), will get the kickin' mustache next year. Surely that'd make him cooler than Gapper, no?

3 comments:

  1. The simple fact that Gapper exist still drives me insane. I hate that thing with every cell in my body. What does he have to do with the Reds?!
    Mr Red rules, although I always root for Mr Redlegs in the Reds Race at the games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much for the old logo. I think it's the semi-crazed look in his eyes. Plus, I grew up with the newer Mr. Red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What bothers me the most about Gapper is not only that he has nothing to do with the Reds, but also that he's such a blatant ripoff of the Phillie Phanatic. I mean, sure, the nose is different, and he's a different color. But come on. If you're going to make up a mascot that is unrelated to the ballclub, at least don't make it such an obvious copy.

    ReplyDelete