Table of Contents

Wednesday, July 25, 2007


I've been working on a lot of stuff related to the site lately, but unfortunately that hasn't resulted in as many posts here as I like. Here's some of what I've been up to:
  • Trying to master the techniques used to regress statistics to the mean, especially how to determine how much one should regress any particular stat, relearning things like intraclass correlation coefficients, etc.
  • Trying to apply those techniques to create detailed, regressed park factors that I'm working up for all MLB stadiums. I want to go beyond the typical runs and home runs park factors we see usually, and have them be more sophisticated that what is posted at ESPN.
  • Having some really interesting and in-depth e-mail conversations about which I'll be talking more about in the coming days.
  • Trying to keep track of all the trade rumors involving Reds players. ... And yet at the same time ignore them until we hear an official announcement.
  • Trying to remain calm as Jeff Keppinger--a guy I really like as a reserve infielder--is given AB's that should be going to the still-struggling and yet still very talented Edwin Encarnacion. I just don't get what the Reds are doing with that kid.
  • Reveling in the clutch-god that is the Latin Love Machine:

Photo by AP/David Kohl