Table of Contents

Monday, April 17, 2006

No Fielding Bible in '07?

Dave Studeman at The Hardball Times conducted an interview with John Dewan, the author of the Fielding Bible. It's a good read. One item really struck me, however:
Dave: Are you going to publish the Fielding Bible next year?

John: Good question. I don’t know. It was a lot of work and when I finished writing it, I was certain that I would never publish another book like that again. Within a week or two, I felt better, but I don’t know. Maybe we’ll do it every three years.
In the two+ weeks I've owned the Fielding Bible, I've become completely reliant on it. It has more, and better (as far as I can tell) fielding information than any other resource I've found. That's great for this year, but come next year I'm really going to be hurting for updates on these data--particularly '06 versions of the player-specific fielding info. I don't need the commentaries, but I'm very hopeful that there will be some way to purchase the data--I'd gladly pay another $10 for a downloadable spreadsheet, for example. We'll see. Fielding stats are really starting to take off, so I can't imagine we won't see additional sources for this kind of information this offseason.

No comments:

Post a Comment