Table of Contents

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Requests for "Better Know a Red" Series?

I'm really enjoying doing the Better Know a Red series--I've received good feedback on it from the community, and I've been learning a great deal about our players while putting it together. If you haven't seen these features, they are all linked via my side-bar. It's also been great to collaborate with Red Hot Mama and her Human League, as she provides a very different, but also quite valuable alternative perspective on our players.

The order of the series was determined initially by a random draw, with players acquired subsequently being tacked on at the end (I've been doing a mini-profile of all our new acquisitions as they arrive anyway).

The current planned order is as follows:
Brandon Claussen (mostly finished; to be posted tomorrow)
Felipe Lopez
Rick White
Aaron Harang
Ryan Freel
Rich Aurilia
Matt Belisle
Ken Griffey Jr.
Paul Wilson
Jason LaRue
Eric Milton
Dave Ross
Bronson Arroyo
Brandon Phillips
Quinton McCracken
Brian Shackelford
Cody Ross

But I was wondering: is there a player on this list that you folks would like to see profiled sooner rather than later? Feel free to comment. I would still prefer to do the Dave Ross and below players at the end, as I've already written some things about those players. But I'm even flexible on that, so don't hesitate to drop me a line.

6 comments:

  1. I'd like to see a profile of LaRue, with your thoughts on the current platoon situation and potential tradeability of LaRue/Valentin/Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LaRue would be good. I've always been a fan of his defense (esp throwing out baserunners) and the modest but consistent pop he gives you every year. I'd like to also see Bronson Arroyo profiled sooner. He's off to a good start. If he mananges to pick up W #4 tonight (hopefully) he'll be among the league leaders in wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see Felipe López Jr. is coming up sooner rather than later. (I just went back and saw your added comments regarding Felipe's defense in the Redleg Nation game thread the other day - thanks for moving him up).

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Devilsadvocate: yeah, I moved him up in response to your request--thanks for that! Looking forward to sitting down with his stats tonight/tomorrow.

    @john & anonymous: I will also move up LaRue and Arroyo. Thanks for your suggestions!

    New Order:
    Felipe Lopez
    Jason LaRue
    Bronson Arroyo
    Rick White
    Aaron Harang
    Ryan Freel
    Rich Aurilia
    Matt Belisle
    Ken Griffey Jr.
    Paul Wilson
    Eric Milton
    Dave Ross
    Brandon Phillips
    Quinton McCracken
    Brian Shackelford
    Cody Ross

    Feel free to make further suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, I'll move Ryan Freel up two slots so he's just behind Arroyo.

    ReplyDelete